Friday, September 9, 2011

Long time no näky

The adventures of the Aneto Detective 2nd grade, MID continues.

So - I've returned to the country where I was born. It's been now 5 full days that I've enjoyed one of the best countries in the world - at least according to PISA studies, Newsweek, corruption studies, information security awareness etc etc. No doubt, this country of mine is great in many aspects.

But... Having lived outside a few years led the Aneto Detective to deduce that the people in this far far away dreamlike nation are the weird ones walking the globe, and the rest of the world will twist and turn on the more or less same principles. My best friend in Italy, Bogdan, showed me that. Without his intelligence I've never truly realized how out-of-the-world we Finns are. We'd really be at home in Venus or some other place not on this planet.

This blog now continues after a few years silent treatment. Now that I've gathered some experiences outside of Finland, and lived a little in another environment I hope I can convey some stuff about my country that strikes me weird now. That used to be like a norm.

One thing that I will comment often will be the food. It has become very important to me. Not the quantity, but the quality and taste. I've tasted some amazing stuff in Italy. Not just the local stuffs, but one thing that I will always measure food against is Colleens food. I do not think that I will eat food as good has her food in a while (or I have to pay dearly for it, like Michelin *** dearly). And I'm truly sorry to say but I have to actually agree with Mr Silvio Berlusconi. We don't know shit about cooking compared to the Italians. Just go to Parma and taste the ham.

How was my first week? Exhausting. I came to the port of Helsinki (Vuosaari) at 6.50am on Monday. After which I did the customs stuff for my car and went to work. No rest for the wicked. Immediately when I stepped on the ground I developed a extremely persistent cold. My nose turned to a hose that could've distinguished fires. So I sneezed my way through the first week in the new office. And guess what? Even if my head was filled with snot almost everyday and I felt that my brain cells were swimming in glue, I loved it. Only time when I was check FB statuses were actually when I had to go the toilet... This makes a bad dent to my Angry Birds play routine. But the point is that I had so many things to do and so much new things to learn, but at the same time I realized that the stuff I learned years ago were not obsolete...

Today I've been mostly eating steak.

No comments: